Monday, 26 January 2015

Book Titles

The title for The Open Doorway was probably about the fifth I'd considered.    The original title being Child of the South.    I hummed and hawed my way through a few more, each increasingly complicated, contrived or obscure.   The biggest mistake I think I made was asking too many people their opinion, or likes and dislikes, which had me running in circles and coming up with zero.

In the end, I think the author has to please themselves and go with what their gut instinct tells them. The Open Doorway is relevant as the novel goes on, and fulfils exactly what I wanted to convey in both theme and mysticism.    I believe it took me until the final draft to finally make up my mind....but being  a Libran, that's not surprising.


No comments:

Post a Comment